About Me:

I am currently working on my undergraduate degree at the University of South Alabama in Secondary Education/ English Language Arts. My goal is to graduate in the Spring of 2012. I have experience coaching baseball and football in both the Mobile County and Saraland City school systems. At W.P. Davidson High School, I spent three years as varsity assistant baseball coach, as well as two years worth of experience as an assistant coach on the freshman football team. In the spring of 2010, I started my first year as junior varsity assistant coach in the Saraland school system. My goal is to be the best possible educator I can be, in the classroom and on the field.

How I Coach

As I player, I always played for good coaches: Andy Robbins at St.Paul's, Rick Patterson, and Greg Connor at Bishop State. I believe in a "hard nosed" style that demands a high standard of achievement from my players. As a coach, I've been fortunate enough to also work with good coaches like Andrew Jordan and Fred Riley at W.P. Davidson. They have been very good role models for me as a young coach. I am a huge believer in the term "student athlete" and emphasize that "student" comes first to my players. I believe that academic achievement is the most important thing for all of my players to accomplish. I believe that sports teach life lessons that transcend the fields they are played on.

In my career thus far, I have been lucky enough to be a part of some pretty good teams. In 2008, my first year as a football assistant on the freshman team at Davidson, I got to be a around a varsity team that made it to the 6A A.H.S.A.A. state semi-finals. In 2009, I returned to Davidson for a memorable year. Davidson won the 6A Region 1 title and made it to the third round of the playoffs. As a baseball coach, in 2008 I was varsity assistant on the first Davidson team to make the state playoffs in twenty years. In my first year coaching baseball in the Saraland school system, I assisted a middle school team that was co-area champions.