About Me:

I am currently working on my undergraduate degree at the University of South Alabama in Secondary Education/ English Language Arts. My goal is to graduate in the Spring of 2012. I have experience coaching baseball and football in both the Mobile County and Saraland City school systems. At W.P. Davidson High School, I spent three years as varsity assistant baseball coach, as well as two years worth of experience as an assistant coach on the freshman football team. In the spring of 2010, I started my first year as junior varsity assistant coach in the Saraland school system. My goal is to be the best possible educator I can be, in the classroom and on the field.

My Educational Background

I graduated in 2004 from St. Paul's Episcopal High School. In the 2004-2005 school year, I attended Bishop State Community College on a baseball scholarship. In the fall of '05, I transferred to the University of South Alabama. After running into the typical financial woes of college students, I was forced to put college on hold after the fall semester of '06. For the next two years, I worked manual labor in a steel fabrication shop. This experience had a definite impact on my personal work ethic and desire to finish college. I now want to help others reach their academic goals. I am a big believer that having an education is the ultimate ticket to prosperity and freedom. I want to have an influence on my students that will last a life time. I want to be able to pass them on the streets years after I have taught them and be able to have meaningful conversation about how what they learned in school helped them succeed in life.